The current article in this series provides responses related to: A reader’s (Hari Balaji) views about South Indian Bank Limited A reader’s (Sridhar Govardhanan) views about Nucleus Software Exports Limited Use of enterprise value in stock valuation Clarifications about gold exchange traded funds (Gold ETFs) Sources for finding production & capacity utilization information for a
December 6, 2015
Sign up for More Articles:
Ecomonic Times covered our Investing Journey:
Listen to Peaceful Investing Special Podcast:
Price Saver Packages:
The current article in this series provides responses related to: How to find out whether a company is capitalizing its interest cost and not showing it as interest expense in the P&L statement How should an investor approach contingent liabilities How to calculate capex and in turn free cash flow (FCF) for any company Clarifications
The current article in this series provides responses related to: Opinion on: NMDC Limited Sintex Industries Limited Sharda Cropchem Limited Dish TV India Limited How to track the dilution of equity when profits are rising Taking cues from insider buying Calculating retained earnings and increase in market cap in last 10 years Query I
"Peaceful Investing": My Stock Investing Approach
“Peaceful Investing” approach is the result of my more than a decade of experience in equity markets. This approach helped me invest even when I had a full-time corporate job and therefore, could not spare a lot of time for stock analysis.
During my investing journey, I have faced almost all the common challenges of the investors; the biggest one being “scarcity of time”. “Peaceful Investing” approach keeps in mind that an investor will have only limited time for stock analysis.
The objective of “Peaceful Investing” approach is the selection of such stocks, where once an investor has put in her money, then she may sleep peacefully. Therefore, if later on, the stock prices increase, then the investor is happy as she is now wealthier. On the contrary, if the stock prices decline, even then the investor is happy as she can now buy more quantity of the selected fundamentally good stocks.
Watch Balance Sheet Analysis through a Free Sample Video:
Get free e-book of Analysis of 20 Companies
1. Getting Ready for Starting Stock Investing
- Getting the right perspective for stock investing
- Stock investing is an entrepreneurship
- How to choose the right approach for stock investing
- Why I left technical analysis and never returned to it
- Trading diary of value investor (Read my investing diary)
- Are Your Stocks Losing Money While The Market Is Going Up
- Common Mistakes done by Investors and How to Avoid Them
- Why management analysis is the most important in stock investing?
- Learn simple steps to analyse management quality of any company
- How to understand warrants issued to promoters
- How to interpret pledging of shares by promoters
- How to interpret share buybacks by companies
- How to contact companies for clarifications/additional information