The current article in this series provides responses related to:
- Tracking portfolio performance
Tracking portfolio performance
Can you share how do you track your portfolio performance because with buy/sell transactions at different times, more cash infusion in the portfolio, dividends etc., I am not sure if I am using excel formula correctly to calculate CAGR on investment?
It will be great if you can share your view on how to calculate portfolio returns or any excel template for the same.
Also how to include the dividend paid by the company?
Thanks for writing to us!
We use valueresearchonline for keeping track of our portfolio performance. We manually update each our portfolio transactions at Value research as and when we do such transactions. Value research shows us life till date CAGR of entire portfolio as well as individual stocks.
However, the yearly & cumulative CAGR data, which we put in our portfolio performance has been calculated by exporting the transactions from valueresearchonline.com into a Microsoft Excel file and using XIRR function.
The portfolio tracker at value research gives auto notification when any dividend is due on the stocks in the portfolio. One can then update the same in 2-3 clicks of the mouse and the dividend transaction gets added in the overall transactions of the portfolio and the updated returns reflect the impact of dividend as well.
Hope it answers your concerns.
All the best for your investing journey!
Dr. Vijay Malik
- To know about the stocks in our portfolio, you may subscribe to the premium service: Follow My Portfolio with Latest Buy/Sell Transactions Updates
- To learn our stock investing approach “Peaceful Investing” by videos, you may subscribe to “Peaceful Investing” Workshop-on-Demand
- To download our customized stock analysis excel template: Click Here
- Learn about our stock analysis approach in the e-book: “Peaceful Investing – A Simple Guide to Hassle-free Stock Investing”
- Read more company analysis in the e-book series: Company Analyses
- To register for our upcoming full-day “Peaceful Investing” workshop teaching in-depth fundamental analysis & portfolio management: Click Here
- To pre-register free/express interest for an investing workshop in your city: click here
- The above discussion is only for educational purpose to help the readers improve their stock analysis skills. It is not a buy/sell/hold recommendation for the discussed stocks.
- I am registered with SEBI as an Investment Adviser under SEBI (Investment Advisers) Regulations, 2013.
- Currently, I do not own stocks of the companies mentioned above in my portfolio.