We conducted “Peaceful Investing” workshop in Mumbai on November 26, 2017. The workshop was aimed at sharing equity investing knowledge with the participants that could help them gain confidence while taking their equity investment decisions.
This was our fifth workshop in Mumbai after conducing one corporate workshop for Edelweiss and three workshops for retail investors in the city.
The presence of participants coming from places like Kanpur, Faridabad, Coimbatore, Udaipur, Nagpur, Nashik and Pune to Mumbai made it a special occasion for us.
The presence of outstation participants from distant cities shows that confidence that investors have placed in us. It was a similar case when we had the privilege of participants coming from:
- Muscat, Abu Dhabi and various parts of UAE to Dubai in October 2017
- Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Pune, Hyderabad, Kochi, parts of Tamil Nadu & Andhra Pradesh to Chennai in September 2017.
- Sydney, Mumbai, Jaipur and Lucknow apart from nearby different places to attend the workshop in Delhi in August 2017
- Abu Dhabi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Mysuru, parts of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu to attend the workshop in Bengaluru in July 2017
- Ernakulam (Kerala), Vijaywada, Bhopal, Pune and different areas of Gujarat to attend the workshop in Ahmedabad in June 2017
- Karnataka, Gurgaon and different areas of West Bengal to attend the workshop in Kolkata in April 2017
- Muscat (Oman), Bangalore, Indore, Kolhapur, Mumbai and different areas of Maharashtra to attend the workshop in Pune in February 2017
We are truly honoured to have such faith from investors and it gave us immense pleasure to know that the participants found the workshop valuable and added to their stock analysis skills.
The workshop focussed on concepts of stock investing including different aspect of analysis like financial analysis, business & industry analysis, valuation analysis and management analysis along with price to pay for any stock. The workshop also focused on different data sources available to the retail investors for doing stock analysis and an in-depth understanding using Screener, which is one of the best data source available for Indian stocks.
The workshop included a session on answering different queries faced by the participants while doing investments and stock analysis.
A lot of participants shared their feedback about the workshop and their learnings from it. Below are the feedback of some of the participants:
Dear Dr. Vijay Malik,
Thanks for the follow-up email and for sharing the group photo.
I’m glad that I was able to attend your “Peaceful Investing” session yesterday. I was in Hong Kong for last 4 years and that’s when I came across your blog 2 years back. I’ve been regularly reading your blog post since then. I’m very impressed by the detail and practical demonstration of company analysis you’ve been doing for last few years.
Yesterday’s session was very well conducted. I would like to appreciate your energy and passion which was evident right from start of session prior to 9am till evening 8pm. It was a marathon session (~11+ hours).
Having read your 3 eBooks prior to session which I thought covered almost all aspects of your investing style, I was having least expectation of finding new ideas, however I was pleasantly surprised. I was able to pick lot of new ideas and concepts (Balance Sheet story, SSGR constituents, Base PE+ premium due to better SSGR/FCF, etc.). Your ability to spot finer details and reporting gaps by companies in their annual reports is unmatched. I aspire to pick up on this skill on priority.
The logistic at hotel (food, beverages, etc.) was also good. Thanks & Regards,
Dear Dr. Vijay Malik,
There are no words to give feedback on the program. It was simply the best by far in my journey on Investing. I have spent around 25 years+ in this market as part time investor and have gone thru various traininig programs not only on fundamental investing but a lot on technical investing as well. However I have now been ardent follower of fundamental way of investing.
Your process and method of teaching has hit right at the bulls eye. It is truly simple, logical and to the core for any Investor to take unbiased approach towards investing and make a successful stint as an investor leading to wealth creation path with peaceful sleep at night. The venue, logistics, food was great and appreciate such fantastic arrangement. Regards,
CA. Tushar Dedhia
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing the wisdom and that too in a non-scary easy manner. I absolutely loved it. Your walk-through on fund flow analysis was amazing. Same can be said about construction of CFO from PAT. I thought that you will be sharing mostly out of the book and there may not be much new. However, I was completely wrong.
You were very patient and answered all the questions at the end. Not many would be willing to do it. On a side note, thank you for sharing the fact that your new Saarthi is a Dominar 🙂 Thanks,
Dear Dr. Malik
It was a fantastic learnign experience, how to analayse a stock in simple steps, how to gather information , interpret it truly and then form our decision, rather than being influenced by other decisions.
Step by step diagnostic on all aspects of a company to evaluate. Taught in simple and logical way. No complexity.
The philiosphy and points gave me amazing insight on how to access and select stocks and avoid disasters and make prudent selections.
While imparting the lecture, for 11 hours , Dr.Malik was full of energy all the way throughout till the end. The best part was , he was so simple and humble. Truly a fantastic person.
Thank you so much for offering such a wonderful workshop. My best regards
— Swapnil Mestry (@SwapnilMestry6) November 26, 2017
Dear Vijay Sir
The workshop was superb. I never had attended such a seminar for a whole day and required all the time on toes and attentive to gain the knowledge that is being shared. Regards,
CA Kiran Deodhar
Dear Dr Vijay,
Your workshop was Superb! I can’t think of any other improvements with the workshop. It was just perfect for 1 day workshop. Learnt so much!! Thanks once again! Regards,
Dear Dr. Vijay Malik,
Thank you for your very enlightening seminar and for your patient and lucid explanation & answers to our questions. Kind Regards,
Tushar A. Katira
Dear Dr. Malik,
I have waited for more than one year to attend your session. Finally, it happened. I am very thankful to you. Workshop was very insightful. Regards,
Thank you for ‘Peaceful Investing Seminar”. Very informative and presented in a superb manner.
You are doing a great service to the society by showing “US ” the way to secure a good and a peaceful future for ourselves. All the very best. Kind regards,
Prem Y Kaushal
I had a wonderful experience joining the workshop. It was an eye opening for me. With regards,
To register for the “Peaceful Investing” workshop to be held in Hyderabad on Dec 10, 2017: Click Here
If you wish to attend a “Peaceful Investing” workshop in your city, then you should preregister by filling up the form on the following page:
You may read about the experiences shared by participants of our previous workshops here:
- Read: Participants’ Experiences: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Dubai, Oct. 6, 2017
- Read: Participants’ Experiences: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Chennai, Sept 10, 2017
- Read: Participants’ Experiences: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, New Delhi, August 27, 2017
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Bengaluru (July 23, 2017): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Ahmedabad (June 11, 2017): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Mumbai (May 14, 2017): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Kolkata (April 9, 2017): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Pune (February 12, 2017): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Hyderabad (January 29, 2017): Participants’ Experiences