One of the key methods to generate significant wealth from stock markets is to buy & hold fundamentally sound stocks over long periods of times extending to years and many times to decades. However, such long investing duration invariably contains periods of exuberance & distress where the market price rises & falls significantly. It leads to strong emotional reactions from investors that make holding stocks for the long term a difficult proposition.
Therefore, the patience to hold stocks in fluctuating markets requires very high level of conviction from the investor in her investing decisions.
“Peaceful Investing” workshop aims to focus on stock selection and analysis skills, which would make us much more confident about our stock decisions. It would ensure that our faith would not shake with day to day market price fluctuations and we would be able to reap true benefits of stock markets to fulfil our dream of financial independence.
The workshop would focus on the fundamental stock analysis of stocks with a detailed analysis of various sources of information available to investors like annual reports, quarterly results, credit rating reports, online financial resources like screener.
The workshop would help an investor learn in-depth analysis of stocks that would help her make her own opinion about the strengths & weaknesses of any stock. The participants would be able to use the stock analysis with their preferred stock selection approach like value investing or growth investing.
The workshop would cover basics of investing and simultaneously focus on key concepts needed for stock analysis both for a beginner and seasoned stock investor. I believe that a person does not need to have an educational background in finance to be a good stock investor and the workshop has been designed keeping it in mind.
You may read about the feedback/experience of participants of:
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Bengaluru on Feb 25, 2018: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Hyderabad on December 10, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Mumbai on November 26, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Dubai on October 6, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Chennai on September 10, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in New Delhi on August 27, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Bangalore on July 23, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Ahmedabad on June 11, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Kolkata on April 9, 2017: Click here
- “Peaceful Investing” workshop held in Pune on February 12, 2017: Click here
To assess the teaching methodology, you may watch a FREE Sample Video providing a glimpse of the “Peaceful Investing” workshop below in which we have discussed the basics of balance sheet and a very important tool to assess management strategy and integrity: Fund Flow Analysis
The agenda of the workshop:
- In-depth fundamental stock analysis focusing on management, financial, business, valuation analysis and operating efficiency assessment of companies with examples of real companies using publically available information.
- Analysing & interpreting annual reports with the balance sheet, cash flow statement, profit & loss account and other important sections of the annual report.
- Analysis of quarterly result updates, credit rating reports
- Deciding on the buying price of a company with assessment of margin of safety in the investment
- Deciding about selling a company from the portfolio
- Creating a portfolio of stocks with discussion on ideal number of stocks, position sizing of each stock, adding new stocks and selling existing stocks
- Using online available tools like screener for stock selection, analysis and shortlisting stocks for detailed analysis
- I would share my experience of investing in different stocks with success and failure stories along with investing mistakes.
- Key guidelines for part-time investors who have a day-time job
Starting the workshop early is essential considering the vastness of the subject and for making available sufficient times for queries and interactions.
Guiding study material would be emailed to the participants.
Date: July 29, 2018
Time: 8:15 AM to 6:00 PM
Address: Andheri – Kurla Road, Marol, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400059. Ph. 022 66721234
Following are the charges per participant, which includes lunch (veg/non-veg/Jain) and two tea breaks. The Jain food would be vegetarian food without onion and garlic.
Charges (incl. GST)
up to April 20, 2018
From April 21, 2018 up to May 20, 2018
From May 21, 2018 up to June 20, 2018
From June 21, 2018 up to July 28, 2018
- Mirage Hotel is located between the Marol and Airport metro stations at Andheri Kurla Road and is at walking distance from both the stations.
- Participants from western line may take metro from Andheri station
- Participants from central line may take metro from Ghatkopar station
- Valet car parking is available at The Mirage hotel for all the participants.
- 11:00AM: Tea/coffee and cookies
- 1:00PM: Buffet lunch (a selection of veg, non-veg and Jain items). Jain food would be the preparations without onion and garlic.
- 3:45PM: Tea/coffee and cookies
- Mineral water, writing pad and pencil would be provided.
- 8:15 AM to 8:30 AM: Registrations
- 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM: Introduction. In-depth fundamental stock analysis focusing on management, financial, business, valuation analysis etc. with examples of real companies
- 11:00 AM to 11:15 AM: Tea break
- 11:15 AM to 1:00 PM: Analysis continued, interpreting annual report, quarterly results, credit rating and other company reports
- 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM: Lunch (Veg/Non-veg/Jain food)
- 1:30 PM to 3:45 PM: Buying and selling decisions. Assessment of margin of safety in the investment. Discussion on portfolio creation. Using online available tools like screener.
- 3:45 PM to 4:00 PM: Tea break
- 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM: Q&A. Sharing personal investing experiences with success and failure stories. Guidelines for part-time investors who have a day-time job.
Mineral water, writing pad and pencil would be provided.
The workshop has limited seats. The registrations are being accepted on first come first serve basis.
The registration once done is not cancellable. However, the ticket is transferable. If due to any circumstances, you are not able to attend the workshop, then you may transfer your ticket to someone else who may attend the workshop. In case of a transfer of ticket, kindly inform in advance by email at email@example.com
- If due to any constraints, you are not able to attend the workshop, then you may learn our stock investing approach “Peaceful Investing” in detail at any time & place of your convenience. You may subscribe to , which allows subscribers to watch the recorded videos (9h:30m) of a complete full-day “Peaceful Investing” workshop. You can watch the FREE Sample Video (16min) of the workshop where we have discussed the basics of balance sheet along with fund flow analysis and read about other details of this premium service at the following page:
- To pre-register and express interest for the stock investing workshop in your city click here