This section of www.drvijaymalik.com contained details of my stocks portfolio as a part of public disclosure of conflict of interest in expressing my views about different stocks. Until July 29, 2016, the portfolio details were provided at www.drvijaymalik.com only for the purpose of disclosure.
However, over time, I have received a lot of requests from multiple investors asking further details about the portfolio like:
- What are the stocks that I am buying in the portfolio at current levels?
- Which of the stocks in the portfolio still offer long term appreciation potential at current prices?
- What is the proportion of each stock in the portfolio?
- What is the average cost of different stocks in my portfolio?
- Since when I have been holding different stocks in my portfolio?
Until now, I have stayed away from answering these questions while highlighting that the portfolio details have been shared only as for disclosure purpose and were not there to serve as an indirect stock recommendation service.
However, with continued requests from readers, I have now decided to make available the elaborate details about my portfolio and the latest transactions as a premium service.
My stock portfolio has its origins in August 2011, when I invested my initial savings from my first job after MBA (2009-11). I have been able to invest in some of the fundamentally good stocks at the initial stage of their growth phase, which were later on discovered by research/brokerage houses and witnessed investments from institutional investors.
The recognition of stocks by key market players have helped to generate significant gains for the portfolio as the underlying stocks got rerated and increased in value. A few such examples are: Ambika Cotton Mills Limited, Vinati Organics Limited, Mayur Uniquoters Limited etc.
I started investing in Ambika Cotton Mills Limited in September 2014, when it was trading at very low valuation levels. The stock was later on identified by the well-known value investor Prof. Sanjay Bakshi, who invested in it through his fund “ValueQuest India Moat Fund Ltd” in March 2015.
Similarly, other stocks like Vinati Organics Limited and Mayur Uniquoters witnessed increased FII buying and thereby generated good returns by increase in share price. The increased FII buying led to the P/E ratio of Mayur Uniquoters increasing from 6.6 to above 30 and P/E ratio of Vinati Organics increasing from 7.7 to above 20. This increase in valuations led to significant increase in the contribution of these stocks in the portfolio returns.
Performance Updates on June 30, 2020
- At June 30, 2020, the portfolio consists of 54% mid-cap and 46% small-cap stocks as per AMFI classification (Dec 2019)
- At June 30, 2020, the portfolio has generated a lifetime annualised return (XIRR) of 16.0% from August 8, 2011. During this period, the annualised returns (XIRR) for various indices are as below:
- BSE SmallCap Index: 5.6%
- BSE MidCap Index: 8.2%
- NSE Nifty: 8.2%
- BSE Sensex: 8.4%
- In last 4 years, since the start of Follow My Portfolio service in 2016, we had done a total of 204 transactions in the portfolio, out of which 202 are “Buy” transactions and 2 are “Sell” transactions.
The below table contains the detailed performance history of the portfolio:
Readers/investors who wish to know about the details of my portfolio and the recent transactions with regular updates may subscribe to this premium service for one year or two years at the following link:
Customers’ Feedback about Follow My Portfolio service:
I am very happy that I found your website and I am super happy with the Follow My Portfolio subscription. I observed that even in this 2018 crash, comparatively all your companies did very well and your valuations skills are amazing. Thanks a lot.
Hi Dr. Vijay (Dr. Stock),
For the last 2.1/2 yrs, I am using your (follow my portfolio) services. It has helped me to gain knowlege and porfolio returns. I want to highlight a few unique things, which I liked very much in your Portfolio services.
- You don’t care whether market is up or down. You simply buy a stock every week, which is quoting at fair value or below the fair value.
- You run a very concentrated porfolio of (x) stocks (diversified fields).
- All your companies (stocks) enjoy mini monoploy in their own industries.
I always feel lucky to be a follower of you. Thanks!
Dear Dr Stock,
I have subscribed to your service a few months ago and I would have to admit that this is the best thing to have happened in my investing life. This is when my background is of Mutual Funds. And I am not just talking about returns but you have done exactly what you promised when I subscribed for this service. You are a blessed soul, Dr Malik. I feel great to be associated with you. Thanks a lot,
Hello Dr Vijay,
I attended your workshop in Pune and also I am a part of your portfolio service. Your portfolio transactions has helped me tremendously to understand the behavior of successful investor which is equally critical to stock analysis. Regards,
Dear Vijay sir,
I subscribe to your portfolio and I do not regret one bit since joining. Regards,
Key Features of Follow My Portfolio Service:
The subscription service for “Follow My Portfolio” involves the following features:
- Update by email about all the future transactions (buy as well as sell) in my portfolio at the end of the day of the transaction (after market closing hours) during the period of the subscription. The email update would contain the details of the stock bought/sold and the price at which the transaction was done.
- Access to the premium section containing updated details of my portfolio and the list of all the transactions from the start of this service (July 30, 2016) until date during the subscription period, at the following link: https://premium.drvijaymalik.com/portfolio/
- “Follow My Portfolio” service is an information service and not an advisory service. In it we intimate subscribers about our portfolio allocation and transactions. We are not able to provide portfolio advisory, portfolio allocation and creation, stock selection, stock buying targets, selling targets etc as part of “Follow My Portfolio” Service.
The information about composition of the portfolio to be available in the following format:
The details of all the transactions from the start of this service (July 30, 2016) until date in my portfolio to be available in the following format:
Whenever I will do any buy/sell transaction in my portfolio, an email notification would be sent to subscribers at the end of the day, which would contain the information in the following format:
This premium service has been commenced as an information source for the investors who wish to know about the stocks that I am buying currently or the stocks that I have sold recently.
However, there are certain key points of this service:
- The key essence to focus is that “Follow My Portfolio” service is an information service and not an advisory service. In it we intimate subscribers about our portfolio allocation and transactions. We are not able to provide portfolio advisory, portfolio allocation and creation, stock selection, stock buying targets, selling targets etc as part of “Follow My Portfolio” Service.
- The intimation to investors would always be after closing of the market hours on the day on which I have done any buy/sell transaction.
- There is no provision of any research report/recommendation note to be published/made available to investors as this service is to provide a glimpse to the investors into my personal portfolio management and related actions. For more details, please read the answers to the frequently asked question (FAQs) below.
- This service has been designed to act as an information source to subscribers about the composition of my portfolio and the stocks that I am buying/selling currently. This is purely an information source and services like advising individual clients on portfolio allocation etc. is not a part of this service.
- I would not be able to provide responses to questions about specific stocks in the portfolio and specific buy/sell decisions.
- This service does not include intimating the subscribers in advance about the buy/sell decisions that I would take about specific stocks.
- Important Disclosure: We disclose the details of the portfolio of my family (my wife and I). My wife, due to her association with Newgen Software Technologies Limited (Newgen) has been allotted shares under their employee stock options plan (ESOPs). Our holding and transactions in the shares of Newgen are covered under the insider trading guidelines of SEBI, Newgen as well as other company policies of Newgen Software Technologies Limited. Due to restrictions applicable under the above mentioned insider trading and other policies, we find ourselves unable to do the dissemination of our holding and transactions in the shares of Newgen Software Technologies Limited. Therefore, we would continue to disclose our equity portfolio composition, transactions and portfolio performance updates, consisting of my & my wife’s portfolio excluding the position in the shares of Newgen Software Technologies Limited. At any point of time, subscribers should note that we may have positions in the shares of Newgen Software Technologies Limited.
Investors who wish to avail this service may subscribe by clicking on the following link:
Key instructions to subscribers:
- This is a subscription service. The access to premium features of this service would lapse after subscription period gets over unless the renewal is done.
- Once this premium service is availed, then there is no provision of any refund of the fee or the cancellation of the service during the period of subscription.
- Please take note that “Follow My Portfolio” service is an information service and not a investment/portfolio advisory service.
- Please add our email ID: [email protected] in your email contacts so that our email are not filtered by Gmail/other email providers as promotions/social/spam.
- Some investors have reported that Gmail sends our transaction update emails into “Promotions” section of the inbox. If this is the case with you, then we request you to drag our email and drop it on “Primary” tab. Gmail will ask whether you wish to get all our future emails in Primary section, then please click “Yes”. Henceforth, all our emails would be delivered to inbox in “Primary” section.
To read more about this service including the answers to the essential frequently asked questions (FAQs), an investor should visit the following link:
All the best for your investing journey!
Dr Vijay Malik