All of us are aware about the usefulness of excel templates in stock analysis. These templates help the investors in quick analyses of the data as it presents the data in easily comprehensible formats like a dashboard. We use a customized excel template to analyse
Debt to Equity Ratio
The current article in this series provides responses related to: Using tax payouts: from P&L or from CFO Preferred level of debt to equity ratio Analyst/investor’s meetings or conference calls, listing on stock exchanges Sequence of reading annual reports Query Hi Dr Vijay, While
The current article in this series provides responses related to: Management analysis of CCL Products Ltd Calculation of ratios in changed balance sheet formats Calculation of retained earnings Reasonable sales growth level of companies Contacting companies for detailed information Fund flow analysis Query Dear Dr.
Investing with target price in mind, parameters to screen stocks, interpreting high current ratio (Q&A)
The current article in this series provides responses related to: Should we invest in stocks with a target price in mind? Which parameters should be focused while screening stocks? What is the difference between debt to equity and debt to profit ratios? Is P/B ratio
"Peaceful Investing": My Stock Investing Approach
“Peaceful Investing” approach is the result of my more than a decade of experience in equity markets. This approach helped me invest even when I had a full-time corporate job and therefore, could not spare a lot of time for stock analysis.
During my investing journey, I have faced almost all the common challenges of the investors; the biggest one being “scarcity of time”. “Peaceful Investing” approach keeps in mind that an investor will have only limited time for stock analysis.
The objective of “Peaceful Investing” approach is the selection of such stocks, where once an investor has put in her money, then she may sleep peacefully. Therefore, if later on, the stock prices increase, then the investor is happy as she is now wealthier. On the contrary, if the stock prices decline, even then the investor is happy as she can now buy more quantity of the selected fundamentally good stocks.
Watch Balance Sheet Analysis through a Free Sample Video:
Get free e-book of Analysis of 20 Companies
- Get the e-book: “Case Studies: Applying Peaceful Investing Approach”
- Learn fundamental analysis by reading 20 case studies in this e-book
- Get email updates of our articles
Get email updates of our articles
1. Getting Ready for Starting Stock Investing
- Getting the right perspective for stock investing
- Stock investing is an entrepreneurship
- How to choose the right approach for stock investing
- Why I left technical analysis and never returned to it
- Trading diary of value investor (Read my investing diary)
- Are Your Stocks Losing Money While The Market Is Going Up
- Common Mistakes done by Investors and How to Avoid Them
- Why management analysis is the most important in stock investing?
- Learn simple steps to analyse management quality of any company
- How to understand warrants issued to promoters
- How to interpret pledging of shares by promoters
- How to interpret share buybacks by companies
- How to contact companies for clarifications/additional information