All of us are aware about the usefulness of excel templates in stock analysis. These templates help the investors in quick analyses of the data as it presents the data in easily comprehensible formats like a dashboard. We use a customized excel template to analyse
Are Reserves and Cash the same? How to interpret delay in payment of undisputed taxes? What’s the role of WACC & ROCE?
The current article in this series provides responses related to the following queries: Are reserves & surplus and cash & bank balances the same? How should investors correlate them? What should an investor interpret when a company delays the deposit of undisputed statutory dues? What
The current article in this series provides responses related to: Clarifications on Return on Equity (ROE) Promoters taking high salaries Terms related to inventory of a company Clarifications on Return on Equity (ROE) Hello Dr. Vijay, Why Return on Equity (ROE) is not meaningful
The current article in this series provides responses related to: Queries on analysis of Page Industries Limited Return on Equity (ROE) Page Industries Limited Query Dr. Vijay, Thanks for the detailed reply on Page Industries Limited. Read: Analysis: Page Industries Limited I have a
The current article in this series provides responses related to: Opinion about Agre Developers Limited (Future Market Networks Limited) Opinion about V2 Retail Limited and Pioneer Embroideries Limited Views on concentrated portfolios Clarification about impact of fundamental factors on price movements Agre Developers Limited
The current article in this series provides responses related to: A new valuation perspective on Cairn India Limited by one of the readers, Nilesh Kumar. Importance of the sector of a company in stock analysis Relevance of ROE & earnings yield as business metric parameters
The current article in this series provides responses related to: Illustration of ROE & P/B ratio as interlinked valuation parameters Relevance of “₹1 increase in market capitalization from ₹1 of retained earnings” test over bull and bear phases. Sector specific (Top-down) approach for stock selection
I thank my friend, Saurabh Dwivedi, for bringing up this topic and initiating this debate. We (Saurabh & I) believe that Return on Equity (ROE) is not a true indicator of attractiveness of a stock for an investor. We believe that an investor should not
"Peaceful Investing": My Stock Investing Approach
“Peaceful Investing” approach is the result of my more than a decade of experience in equity markets. This approach helped me invest even when I had a full-time corporate job and therefore, could not spare a lot of time for stock analysis.
During my investing journey, I have faced almost all the common challenges of the investors; the biggest one being “scarcity of time”. “Peaceful Investing” approach keeps in mind that an investor will have only limited time for stock analysis.
The objective of “Peaceful Investing” approach is the selection of such stocks, where once an investor has put in her money, then she may sleep peacefully. Therefore, if later on, the stock prices increase, then the investor is happy as she is now wealthier. On the contrary, if the stock prices decline, even then the investor is happy as she can now buy more quantity of the selected fundamentally good stocks.
Watch Balance Sheet Analysis through a Free Sample Video:
Get free e-book with 20 Companies Analysis
- Get the e-book: “Case Studies: Applying Peaceful Investing Approach”
- Learn fundamental analysis by reading 20 case studies in this e-book
- Get email updates of our articles
Get email updates of our articles
- Getting the right perspective for stock investing
- Stock investing is an entrepreneurship
- How to choose the right approach for stock investing
- Why I left technical analysis and never returned to it
- Trading diary of value investor (Read my investing diary)
- Are Your Stocks Losing Money While The Market Is Going Up
- Common Mistakes done by Investors and How to Avoid Them
- Why management analysis is the most important in stock investing?
- Learn simple steps to analyse management quality of any company
- How to understand warrants issued to promoters
- How to interpret pledging of shares by promoters
- How to interpret share buybacks by companies
- How to contact companies for clarifications/additional information