The current section of “Analysis” series covers Cyient Ltd, an information technology (IT) services company providing engineering services to industries like aerospace, defense, transportation, semiconductor etc. “Analysis” series is an attempt to share with all the readers, our inputs to the company analysis submitted by readers on the “Ask Your Queries” section of our website.
Sign up for More Articles:
Ecomonic Times covered our Investing Journey:
Price Saver Packages:
All of us are aware about the usefulness of excel templates in stock analysis. These templates help the investors in quick analyses of the data as it presents the data in easily comprehensible formats like a dashboard. We use a customized excel template to analyse stocks as per our preferred parameters by using the data
The current article in this series provides responses related to: Using tax payouts: from P&L or from CFO Preferred level of debt to equity ratio Analyst/investor’s meetings or conference calls, listing on stock exchanges Sequence of reading annual reports Query Hi Dr Vijay, While doing the tax analysis don’t you think it’s more accurate
The current article in this series provides responses related to: Choosing between mutual funds and direct equity Differences between interest and tax expense in P&L and CF statements Query Thank you Sir for the insightful article. One question I have. Rather doing all these due diligence would it be better for any retail investor
The current article in this series provides responses related to: Net interest margin & spread Treatment of interest expense / finance charges in cash flow statement Capex and Cash flow from Investing (CFI) Factors that influence P/E ratio of a company Usage of financial projections in assessment of companies Stake sale by promoters Assessing independence
"Peaceful Investing": My Stock Investing Approach
“Peaceful Investing” approach is the result of my more than a decade of experience in equity markets. This approach helped me invest even when I had a full-time corporate job and therefore, could not spare a lot of time for stock analysis.
During my investing journey, I have faced almost all the common challenges of the investors; the biggest one being “scarcity of time”. “Peaceful Investing” approach keeps in mind that an investor will have only limited time for stock analysis.
The objective of “Peaceful Investing” approach is the selection of such stocks, where once an investor has put in her money, then she may sleep peacefully. Therefore, if later on, the stock prices increase, then the investor is happy as she is now wealthier. On the contrary, if the stock prices decline, even then the investor is happy as she can now buy more quantity of the selected fundamentally good stocks.
Watch Balance Sheet Analysis through a Free Sample Video:
Get free e-book of Analysis of 20 Companies
1. Getting Ready for Starting Stock Investing
- Getting the right perspective for stock investing
- Stock investing is an entrepreneurship
- How to choose the right approach for stock investing
- Why I left technical analysis and never returned to it
- Trading diary of value investor (Read my investing diary)
- Are Your Stocks Losing Money While The Market Is Going Up
- Common Mistakes done by Investors and How to Avoid Them
- Why management analysis is the most important in stock investing?
- Learn simple steps to analyse management quality of any company
- How to understand warrants issued to promoters
- How to interpret pledging of shares by promoters
- How to interpret share buybacks by companies
- How to contact companies for clarifications/additional information