South India has always fascinated me with its rich culture, which has historically made it a target for the kingdoms from the North; be it Alauddin Khilji or the Tuglaqs and later on Aurangzeb. The sheer resilience with which the South has revived itself from each of these repeated attacks by marauding armies is amazing.
Scenic Bike Rides
Sign up for More Articles:
Ecomonic Times covered our Investing Journey:
Price Saver Packages:
I have always been fascinated by the role various kingdoms of Karnataka have played in Indian history. Be it the famous Chalukyas whose King Pulikeshin II had stopped the advancing armies of Harsha-vardhan from conquering the Deccan; or the Chalukya kings’ continuous quest for supremacy against the Pallava kings of Kanchipuram. Or the mighty Rashtrakutas
I had dreamed of a bike trip through the entire coastal Gujarat for the first time in 2007. I was working as a medical officer in Bharuch district (Hansot) and had planned to ride back to my native town in Haryana via coastal areas of Gujarat and the border towns of Rajasthan. However, as usually
Biking through Konkan has been on my bucket list ever sinch childhood when I had read about western ghats in geography classes. It’s a rocky mountain range standing tall between Arabian sea and Deccan plateau with its head held high against monsoon winds. The resulting forests on the slopes are any nature lover’s dream. Beaches
Mumbai-Leh-Delhi July 07 – July 29, 2012 I would count the days of this journey as some of the best days of my life. I made some very good and inspiring friends during this travel. I have realized that India is really the true beautiful place to be explored. During this journey, I went through
"Peaceful Investing": My Stock Investing Approach
“Peaceful Investing” approach is the result of my more than a decade of experience in equity markets. This approach helped me invest even when I had a full-time corporate job and could not spare a lot of time for stock analysis. During my investing journey, I have faced all the common challenges of the investors, the biggest one being “scarcity of time”. “Peaceful Investing” approach keeps in mind that an investor will have limited amount of time to spare for stock investing.
The objective of “Peaceful Investing” approach is the selection of such stocks, where once an investor has put in her money, then she may sleep peacefully. Therefore, if later on, the stock prices rise, then the investor is happy as she is now wealthier. On the contrary, if the stock prices fall, even then the investor is happy as she can now buy more quantity of the selected fundamentally good stocks.
Watch Balance Sheet Analysis through a Free Sample Video:
Get FREE e-book and Subscribe for Blog Updates
1. Getting Ready for Starting Stock Investing
- Getting the right perspective for stock investing
- Stock investing is an entrepreneurship
- How to choose the right approach for stock investing
- Why I left technical analysis and never returned to it
- Trading diary of value investor (Read my investing diary)
- Are Your Stocks Losing Money While The Market Is Going Up
- Common Mistakes done by Investors and How to Avoid Them
- Why management analysis is the most important in stock investing?
- Learn simple steps to analyse management quality of any company
- How to understand warrants issued to promoters
- How to interpret pledging of shares by promoters
- How to interpret share buybacks by companies
- How to contact companies for clarifications/additional information