Welcome to www.drvijaymalik.com, an attempt to simplify stock investing.
This section will guide you to use our website in a systematic “step-by-step” manner to learn stock investing.
First of all, let me clarify that a person does not need a degree in finance (CA, MBA etc.) to succeed in stock markets. Now a days, a person can easily learn on her own the knowledge of finance needed for stock analysis and investing.
Therefore, we believe that every person can be a successful investor if she is willing to put in the efforts.
A Brief about me:
I am Dr Vijay Malik and I am active in Indian equity markets since 2006.
- I have done MBA (Finance) from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Delhi, one of the premier business school and I was awarded the Gold Medal for graduating at the top of my class.
- Additionally, I have done certifications like:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from CFA Institute Inc, USA and
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) from Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) Inc. USA.
- I graduated in medicine (MBBS) from Dr. V. M. Govt. Medical College, Solapur in Maharashtra. Thereafter, I worked for a few years as a medical officer before realising that finance is my cup of tea.
We started this website in 2014 and since then, I have written hundreds of articles about stock investing. These articles explain key concepts of stock investing as well as contain case studies containing analysis of real companies.
Let me guide you how you can use these articles to learn and analyse stocks on your own.
1) Learn Stock Analysis in a Step-by-Step Manner:
We recommend you to read the following article to learn a simplified approach to analyse stocks:
It is a series of articles, which is a very helpful guide for every investor to develop her stock picking approach. An investor can learn to select stocks for her portfolio by developing such an investment approach.
After completing this series, an investor would be able to develop a checklist for selecting good stocks for her portfolio.
2) Learn by Reading Analysis of Real Companies:
We have written a lot of “Analysis” articles containing in-depth analysis of real companies. These articles act as case studies where investors can learn by reading stock analysis live in action.
You can use these articles to learn:
- How to understand the business model of a company by analysing its financial performance
- Whether a company has a strong or a weak business model
- How to interpret different management actions
- How to find if the management/promoters are taking the money out of the company for their personal benefits
- Whether the promotes are benefiting themselves at the cost of other shareholders
- Identify the warning signs/red-flags that can protect investors from negative surprises
You can learn all this by reading these case studies here:
3) Ask Us Your Queries:
In case you have any queries about stock investing or you want to have my inputs on your stock analysis, then you may ask the same as comments on the following page:
We would be happy to provide our inputs to your queries.
We provide a few premium services, which have been found value adding by many investors:
- Follow Dr Vijay Malik’s Portfolio with Latest Buy/Sell Transaction Updates
- “Peaceful Investing” Workshop-on-Demand
- Stock Analysis Excel Template (compatible with Screener.in)
- E-book: “Peaceful Investing – A Simple Guide to Hassle-free Stock Investing”
- E-books: “Company Analyses” : Live Examples using Peaceful Investing Approach
- “Peaceful Investing” Workshops
You may see all our premium services here: Premium Services
List of All Articles & the Site Map:
There are many useful articles about stocks investing, mutual funds, insurance, books review etc. written by me on www.drvijaymalik.com. You can see the list of all these articles by visiting the following page:
This page has all the articles published by us on our website about stocks, mutual funds, insurance, book reviews etc. You would easily find a lot of useful articles about investing that will interest you.
Hope you find the website useful!
Feel free to contact us in case you require any clarification about any of the concepts that I have mentioned in any of the articles. We would appreciate it if you provide us with your feedback about the website or any of its articles. You may put your inputs in the comments below or contact us here.
I suggest that you like the blog’s Facebook Page, subscribe by email (and also get a FREE e-book on case studies) or follow the RSS feed so that you would immediately get to know when new articles are published on the website.
Dr Vijay Malik,
A Common Investor