A person does not need a finance background to succeed in stock markets. We believe that every person can be a successful investor if she puts in the efforts.
- What I learnt from brief analysis of 2,800 Companies
- Getting the right perspective for stock investing
- Stock investing is an entrepreneurship
- How to choose the right approach for stock investing
- Why I left technical analysis and never returned to it
- Trading diary of value investor (Read my investing diary)
- Common Mistakes done by Investors and How to Avoid Them
- Investment Books For Beginners
- How to do financial analysis of any company
- How to understand the cash flow from operations (CFO)
- How Companies Manipulate Cash Flow from Operating Activities (CFO)
- How to understand capitalization of interest & other expenses
- How to identify accounting red flags
- How Companies Inflate their Profits
- How to understand fund flow analysis
- How to understand free cash flow
- Why management analysis is the most important in stock investing?
- Simple steps to analyse management quality of any company
- How Promoters benefit themselves using Related Party Transactions
- How to Identify if Management is Misallocating Capital
- How Promoters use Loopholes to Inflate their Shareholding
- How to identify Promoters extracting Money via High Salaries
- How to know if Promoters are Losing Commitment to the Company
- Why We cannot always Trust What Management Claims
- How to understand warrants issued to promoters
- How to interpret pledging of shares by promoters
Thereafter, we advise you to read the following article to learn our simplified approach “Peaceful Investing” to analyse stocks:
It is a series of articles, which is a very helpful guide for every investor to develop her stock picking approach. An investor can learn to select stocks for her portfolio by developing such an investment approach.
After completing this series, an investor would be able to develop a checklist for selecting good stocks for her portfolio.
Learn from Our Analysis of Companies as practical illustrations
We have written a lot of “Analysis” articles containing in-depth analysis of real companies. These articles act as case studies where investors can learn by reading stock analysis live in action.
You can use these articles to learn:
- How to understand the business model of a company by analysing its financial performance
- Whether a company has a strong or a weak business model
- How to interpret different management actions
- How to find if the management/promoters are taking the money out of the company for their personal benefits
- Whether the promotes are benefiting themselves at the cost of other shareholders
- Identify the warning signs/red-flags that can protect investors from negative surprises
You can learn all this by reading these case studies here:
List of All Articles
There are many useful articles about stocks investing, mutual funds, insurance, books review etc. written by us. You can see the list of all these articles by visiting the following page:
This page has all the articles published by us on our website about stocks, mutual funds, insurance, book reviews etc.
The “All Articles” page has:
- Conceptual articles in different themes orgnised together like all management analysis articles, all valuation analysis articles at one place for focussed reading.
- All company analysis articles are organised industry-wise. An investor may find analysis of all the companies from an industry together so that she may read them together for comparison and better understanding of the industry.
Read: All Articles
You would easily find a lot of useful articles about investing that will interest you.
Have any doubt? Write to us
In case you have any queries about stock investing or you want to have my inputs on your stock analysis, then you may ask the same as comments on the following page:
We would be happy to provide our inputs to your queries.
We provide a few premium services, which have been found value adding by many investors:
- Follow Dr Vijay Malik’s Portfolio with Latest Buy/Sell Transaction Updates
- “Peaceful Investing” Workshop-on-Demand
- Stock Analysis Excel Template (compatible with Screener.in)
- E-book: “Peaceful Investing – A Simple Guide to Hassle-free Stock Investing”
- E-books: “Company Analyses” : Live Examples using Peaceful Investing Approach
- “Peaceful Investing” Workshops
You may see all our premium services here: Premium Services
A Brief about me:
I am Dr Vijay Malik and I am active in Indian equity markets since 2006.
- I have done MBA (Finance) from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Delhi, one of the premier business school and I was awarded the Gold Medal for graduating at the top of my class.
- Additionally, I have done certifications like:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from CFA Institute Inc, USA and
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) from Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) Inc. USA.
- I graduated in medicine (MBBS) from Dr. V. M. Govt. Medical College, Solapur in Maharashtra. Thereafter, I worked for a few years as a medical officer before realising that finance is my cup of tea.
We started this website in 2014 and since then, I have written hundreds of articles about stock investing. These articles explain key concepts of stock investing as well as contain case studies containing analysis of real companies.
Hope you find the website useful!
Feel free to contact us in case you require any clarification about any of the concepts that I have mentioned in any of the articles. We would appreciate it if you provide us with your feedback about the website or any of its articles. You may put your inputs in the comments below or contact us here.
I suggest that you like the blog’s Facebook Page, subscribe by email (and also get a FREE e-book on case studies) or follow the RSS feed so that you would immediately get to know when new articles are published on the website.
Dr Vijay Malik,
A Common Investor