We conducted our first “Peaceful Investing” workshop in Dubai on October 6, 2017. The workshop was aimed at sharing equity investing knowledge with the participants that could help them gain confidence while taking their equity investment decisions.
The fact of it being our first international workshop and the presence of participants from places like Muscat, Abu Dhabi and various parts of UAE coming to Dubai made it a special occasion for us.
The presence of outstation participants from distant cities shows that confidence that investors have placed in us. It was a similar case when we had the privilege of participants coming from:
- Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Pune, Hyderabad, Kochi, parts of Tamil Nadu & Andhra Pradesh to attend the workshop in Chennai in September 2017
- Sydney, Mumbai, Jaipur and Lucknow apart from nearby different places to attend the workshop in Delhi in August 2017
- Abu Dhabi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Mysuru, parts of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu to attend the workshop in Bengaluru in July 2017
- Ernakulam (Kerala), Vijaywada, Bhopal, Pune and different areas of Gujarat to attend the workshop in Ahmedabad in June 2017
- Hyderabad and different areas of Gujarat and Maharashtra to attend the workshop in Mumbai in May 2017
- Karnataka, Gurgaon and different areas of West Bengal to attend the workshop in Kolkata in April 2017
- Muscat (Oman), Bangalore, Indore, Kolhapur, Mumbai and different areas of Maharashtra to attend the workshop in Pune in February 2017
We are truly honoured to have such faith from investors and it gave us immense pleasure to know that the participants found the workshop valuable and added to their stock analysis skills.
The workshop focussed on concepts of stock investing including different aspect of analysis like financial analysis, business & industry analysis, valuation analysis and management analysis along with price to pay for any stock. The workshop also focused on different data sources available to the retail investors for doing stock analysis and an in-depth understanding using Screener, which is one of the best data source available for Indian stocks
The workshop included a session on answering different queries faced by the participants while doing investments and stock analysis.
A lot of participants shared their feedback about the workshop and their learnings from it. Below is the feedback of some of the participants:
Dear Dr. Vijay
There are very few people like you (in stock market) who are doing the noble work of educating others. Most other people in stock market are only concern with earning high fees by running PMS or other funds !! Hence, I would like to thank you for dedication & commitment in spreading financial literacy and helping people like myself achieve financial freedom.
Your Worksop is not only limited to over view on stock market investing & goes much beyond that. It is practically useful in identifying quality stocks by using specific quantitative criteria’s. Your workshop helps us avoid the most common problem with retail investors i.e. buying high & selling low!
For me personally: The example you gave on risks of buying overvalued stocks was the biggest takeaway from the workshop.
God bless you & your family and once again a BIG THANK you.
– Rajesh Mehta
Thank you for taking time out from your schedule and coming to Dubai to share your knowledge with us. I have enjoyed the workshop very much.
Sir during class you mentioned that we need to read 2 books “The Intelligent Investor” and “One up on Wall Street” as well as 50 annual reports. You mentioned that there is no need to read any additional books as the value added from those books will be very little maybe just a few pages from the entire book.
Sir you had sent us all an email which said “Advised Readings”. I read all those books and took down many notes. I had also read “The Intelligent Investor” on my own as you have mentioned this book many times in your book “Peaceful Investing”.
I really found your class very useful. There were many things that I did not understand and I had taken down notes and questions that I should ask you in class. During your lecture most questions got answered and I did not need to ask those questions. Like how did SSGR work exactly or how to find out when Interest has been capitalized.
I used to read the Annual Reports of the stocks that I held as well as quarterly reports. But I did not read the notes on the quarterly statements. To be honest I never found it useful. I never bothered reading Auditors Report but you have shown me that all investors must read every single line in the Annual Report as well as Quarterly Reports.
Sir I would like to end this email by saying that I have enjoyed reading your blog posts or listening to your lecture from MoneyLife or in person on Friday. I have learnt a great deal from you and I hope I can do this on my own. Not just do it on my own but as well as you research your stocks.
Thank you sir for everything. Regards,
– Ashvani Ramchandani
Dear Dr. Vijay
It was a very good workshop. UAE has lack of good training on stock market for Indian investors. It was a good initiative and very helpful for us. The systematic way of explaining all the concepts was very good. Lot of good examples were given which was excellent.
– Sundeep Fernandes
The experience was very valuable to me as a beginner to equity market. I had prepared some queries but it was clarified by you as a part of presentation. Also I was able to understand the concepts shared in the books in a better manner. Overall the experience was very good.
– Srijith Bhaskaran
— Ankur Shah (@AnkurShah47) October 10, 2017
Thanks Dr Vijay Malik for the very insightful session today in Dubai. Look forward working with for more advanced workshops. https://t.co/W1b33dflSM
— Srinivasan Arun (@sriniarun) October 6, 2017
It was a gr8 learning experience for me as a beginner in stock picking
— srijith bhaskaran (@Srijith84) October 7, 2017
— Anand Shanmugam (@Anandciv) October 6, 2017
— Ankur Shah (@AnkurShah47) October 6, 2017
— : ABHAY (@Abhay_IND09) October 6, 2017
Thank you Dr to take out time and come to Dubai for the workshop
— DEBASHISH NEOGI (@DEBU_NEOGI) October 6, 2017
Dear Dr Saab,
The workshop is simple and step by step approach to evaluating the company in the view of minority shareholder. It was great to learn from Dr. Thanks,
– Ganesan Raja
Thanks for your efforts to mentor us and direct us to learn some new techniques. No doubt, it was a heavy load. With regards.
– Dinesh Bhanu
Thanks for your time and for enriching our knowledge Doctor! Hope you had great time here n wish to meet you every year.
– Anand Shanmugam
Thank you for a very enlightening session in Dubai.
– Jay Kalliath
- To know about the stocks in our portfolio, you may subscribe to the premium service: Follow My Portfolio with Latest Buy/Sell Transactions Updates (Premium Service)
- To learn stock investing by videos, you may subscribe to the Peaceful Investing – Workshop Videos
- To download our customized stock analysis excel template for analysing companies: Stock Analysis Excel
- Learn about our stock analysis approach in the e-book: “Peaceful Investing – A Simple Guide to Hassle-free Stock Investing”
- To register for the upcoming “Peaceful Investing” workshop in your city: Click Here
- To pre-register/express interest for a “Peaceful Investing” workshop in your city: Click here