We had our first corporate “Peaceful Investing” workshop at head office of Edelweiss Financial Services Limited in Mumbai on May 6, 2017.
The workshop was aimed at sharing equity investing knowledge with the participants that could help them gain confidence while taking their equity investment decisions. Members from various teams of the Edelweiss Group, which are involved in equity and investment analysis attended the workshop. Representatives from various teams like mutual funds, portfolio management services, alternative investments, treasury, insurance etc. were represent at the workshop.
We thank Nalin Moniz, Chief Investment Officer – Alternative Equity, Edelweiss Multi Strategy Fund Advisors LLP for hosting us and arranging this workshop.
— Nalin Moniz (@nalinmoniz) May 6, 2017
The workshop focussed on concepts of stock investing including different aspect of analysis like financial analysis, business & industry analysis, valuation analysis and management analysis along with price to pay for any stock. The workshop provided the participants with a framework to monitor the stocks in the portfolio, position sizing as well as the key guidelines for determining the sell decision for any stock.
The workshop also focused on different data sources available to the Indian investors for doing stock analysis and an in-depth understanding using Screener, which is one of the best data source available for Indian stocks.
The workshop included a dedicated session on answering different queries faced by the participants while doing investments and stock analysis.
A few participants shared their feedback about the workshop and their learnings from it. Below are the feedback of some of the participants:
Good Morning Dr. Malik,
I would like to thank you for last week’s thorough and well organized training. The examples were very interesting and the discussions kept me occupied the whole way through. I wish to attend more such sessions and be part of enlightening discussions. Have a good day ahead! Kind regards,
– Pragya Vishwakarma
I was part of the session. It was a great learning experience. The concepts are basic in nature but more importantly the session helped me combine these learnings to arrive at an investment decision effectively.
– Hardik Varma
Our workshops for retail investors, which are held in different cities across India once a month have also witnessed active participation from members from different geographies. The presence of outstation participants from distant cities shows that confidence that investors have placed in us. We had the privilege of participants coming from:
- Karnataka, Gurgaon and different areas of West Bengal coming to Kolkata for attending the workshop in April 2017
- Muscat (Oman), Bangalore, Indore, Kolhapur, Mumbai and different areas of Maharashtra to attend the workshop in Pune in February 2017
- Ireland, Kerala, different parts of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh etc. to attend the workshop in Chennai in December 2016
- Calicut, Goa, Trichy, Mysore, Vishakhapatnam etc. to Bangalore to attend the workshop in November 2016.
- Hyderabad, Lucknow, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Mussoorie etc. to Delhi for the Peaceful Investing workshop in October 2016.
- Vishakhapatnam, Hyderabad, Nanded, Pune and Bharuch coming to Mumbai for second “Peaceful Investing” workshop in September 2016 to attend it
- Chandigarh to Mumbai to attend the first “Peaceful Investing” workshop in August 2016
You may read about the experience of participants in these previous workshop below:
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Kolkata (April 9, 2017): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Pune (February 12, 2017): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Hyderabad (January 29, 2017): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Chennai (December 11, 2016): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Bangalore (November 13, 2016): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: “Peaceful Investing” Workshop, Delhi (October 23, 2016): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: Second “Peaceful Investing” Workshop Mumbai (Sept 11, 2016): Participants’ Experiences
- Read: First “Peaceful Investing” Workshop: Participants’ Experiences
- To know about the stocks in our portfolio, you may subscribe to the premium service: Follow My Portfolio with Latest Buy/Sell Transactions Updates (Premium Service)
- To learn our stock investing approach “Peaceful Investing” by videos, you may subscribe to the “Peaceful Investing” Workshop-on-Demand
- To download our customized stock analysis excel template: Click Here
- Learn about our stock analysis approach in the e-book: “Peaceful Investing – A Simple Guide to Hassle-free Stock Investing”
- Read more company analysis in the e-book series: Company Analyses
- To register for the upcoming “Peaceful Investing” workshop in your city: Click Here
- To pre-register/express interest for a “Peaceful Investing” workshop in your city: Click here